Wednesday, April 06, 2016

#AtoZChallenge- E is for 'Eating for two'

Source: Pinterest
I never really understood the confusion around this 'Eating for two' thing. Is it a fact? Is it a myth?

If you ask me, I think it is just a perfect little phrase that's perfectly timed. 

How else is a pregnant woman supposed to justify that humongous hunger pang she feels every so often? Because trust me, no one (who has not had a bun in the oven) can ever comprehend this pregnancy induced physical/emotional/mental state.

You just need that Extra Large Fries, right now. Who cares if its 2 AM?  

It is so easy for experts and doctors to tell a pregnant woman that all she needs is few hundred more calories per day. And that her growing belly is actually a baby and not more room in her stomach to process ALL that extra food she wants to eat.

In my last trimester , I craved for chocolates and found myself heading to the refrigerator each time I woke up to go to the bathroom. And that was like at least 10 times every night. Well... apparently the baby did not need all that extra chocolate and I really stretched out. :(

So please, listen to your doctor but once in a while, definitely 'Eat for two'!

22 comments:

  1. Good Post!
    Do visit my takes http://facetsofadishortstories.blogspot.in/
    http://facetsofadienglish.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! All weight gained during pregnancy can be lost in a healthy manner after delivery. Enjoy this phase of life for what it has to offer!
    @yenforblue from
    Spice of Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot to take away from the series. Good initiative, Seena :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to have you back and comment here.. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes there is no need to eat for two but we all unfortunately eat for two and three and four and five! That's the fun part of being pregnant I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!
      Thanks for coming by bellybytes

      Delete
  5. That's a really nice post! The way you have projected it actually brings a smile on my face :)

    Cheers,
    Srivi
    The Piscean Me | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the need to eat more during pregnancy than you otherwise would and also that hormonal fluctuations in pregnancy do charge up our mood swings and cravings unlike other times in our life. But, eating for two is something not being encouraged scientifically and neither did my gynecologist suggest it.

    I agree with you that it is just a perfectly timed nice little phrase.

    My Era @theerailivedin
    The Era I Lived In

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi My Era, On my second one I had to actually go on a diet!! :D

      Delete
  7. I remember those days. Wifey and her midnight treks.

    I’m exploring different types of dreams and their meanings.
    E is for Epic Dreams

    Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen,

      Yes, the pang must be met.:)

      Delete
  8. With my first son I could not stop eating! My second child, I couldn't eat at all. But it turned out fine both times.

    Robin from Write On Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how each time one is pregnant it can be so different

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was quite funny! You know when I read such posts, it only scares me to plan for the baby!
    I get so worried about my body and then I feel like delaying it for a bit more time..

    P.S: It was really an interesting tale to read though :)

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love scaring people! But there is super joy too...

      Delete
  11. I thought chocolate was healthy for you? Hehe.


    Joy @ the Joyous Living: E is for Enough (2002)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I kept telling myself while I ate it. :)

      Delete
  12. Haha, I feel you there! I was so sick during my pregnancy that when I did feel like eating I ate everything in site. I had horrible heartburn and the only thing that helped was milk, meaning I went through a gallon of milk in a day. All these extra calories contributed to my 8 pound baby and me gaining a lot of weight in my last trimester. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more posts. Cassie from Mommy, RN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie,
      Wow a gallon of a huh? Its interesting how each of us have such unique stories to share.

      Delete